This open debate, organised by the Australian Academy of Law, is the final in a series of three ethics-themed debates held in Sydney this year. Previous debates have attracted a wide audience of around 200 people.
It is being held from 5:30–7pm on Monday 20 November 2017, at the Federal Court of Australia in Sydney. Further details of the debate and registration details are on the Academy website. Registration is free. Once you register, you will be invited to suggest a question to be posed to the panel.
As with our previous debates, we have a moderator and a panel.
This debate will be moderated by the Hon Patricia Bergin SC, former Chief Judge in Equity of the NSW Supreme Court. The panel comprises:
• Professor Lesley Hitchens, Dean, Faculty of Law, UTS
• Professor Adrian Evans, Professor and Solicitor, Faculty of Law, Monash University
• Arthur Moses SC, Barrister and President of the NSW Bar Association
• Dr Simon Longstaff, Executive Director of the St James Ethics Centre
• Dr Justine Rogers, Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Law, UNSW
• Paul Monaghan, Law Society of NSW
Attendance may count towards satisfaction of MCLE requirements.
Please contact me if you need more.